The sweet slightly crisp beets, paired with the little gem-like beluga lentils, a pop of crunchy watermelon radish slices, topped with creamy Greek feta and fresh herbs. With the final adornment of lemon olive oil dressing and a sprinkle of walnuts.
- 4 cooked medium-sized beets*
- 2 cup cooked beluga lentils* (black lentils)
- 2 scallions
- 2 watermelon radishes or 4 regular radishes, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/3 cup walnut, roasted, chopped
- 2 handfuls parsley, chopped
- 2 handful of mint, chopped
- 1 lemon juiced or 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Greek feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Chop cooked beets into large bit-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine beets and lentils. Add half the mint, parsely, and green onions. Mix together.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix and taste the salad to ensure the flavours are to your liking, but keep in mind the flavour will develop more once the salad has sat for a bit.
- Add the salad to the serving bowl. Add the radishes, rest of the herbs, greek feta and walnuts.
Instant pot beets: Add for 7-inch sized beets into the instant pot. Cover the beets with water. Add 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar. Set the timer 8 minutes on high pressure. Slow-release until all the pressure is gone. About 15 minutes. The beet should be softened enough for the fork to poke through the beets. Strain the beets. Rub the beets under cold running water to remove the skin quickly.
How cook the lentils. Soak 11/2 cups of lentils in 4 cup of cold water add 2 tsp of salt soak 1-3 hours. Rinse the lentils. Add the lentil to a medium pot and add 4 cups of water. Bring the water to a light simmer and cover the pot. Lentil should be done in 15-20 minutes. Strain the lentils. Lentil freeze really well, you can make a larger batch and freeze them for quick meal prep.
- Category: salad